Just Like My daddy

I remember growing up as a little girl I would always say that I wanted to marry someone like my daddy. And honestly I think every little girl with a good daddy has said that at one time or another. And when I said that I probably had no idea what I was talking about except the fact that I just wanted someone to love me as much as he does.

Somewhere along the way in my "dating adventures" I think I strayed from that desire. God only knows why I chose the guys I did! But hey! Sometimes you've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!!

Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined I would one day cross paths with a man just like my daddy. Ya see, my daddy is one of a kind. He's the "real deal" as some would say. He's hardworking and all about providing for his family. He is fun and has a fun sense of humor. He is always making me laugh. And when he's not being funny, he is teaching. He loves to teach. I can ask him a simple question and he will break it down bit by bit. He is very precise and takes his time to do things right. He is very loving and wants to take care of his family. He loves God and he taught us to love Him too. He encourages us to do what we love and supports us in all of our endeavors.
I could go on and on! But one of my favorite things about my dad is that he has style! I love when he takes me shopping because I always come back looking like a celebrity! I'm just saying! My dad is awesome and soo irreplaceable.

So you can see how it would take God to bring me someone even just remotely close to my daddy. And just when I thought it was impossible it happened. I remember standing in the kitchen of a woman from church one night. She said alot to me that night and all was unctioned by the Holy Spirit, but one thing that she said stood out. She said that when I am considering a man that he should be the kind to love and protect me as much as my daddy would. So when that special time came my daddy would have no problem giving me into his arms. And that my friends, brought me back to my childhood desire. He's got to be like my daddy!

Now when I came up with the outline for this post today I figured I would just write about the similarities between Daniel and my daddy to humor you. Well, because it is quite funny how much they are alike. But as I think about how they are alike in their mannerisms and personalities I realize how much they are alike when it comes to me.

I remember in the first few weeks of getting to know Daniel he would do something or say something exactly like my dad. It happened ALL the time and every time I would crack up and call my mom telling her how my dad had a twin here in Louisville. I mean seriously! He only ate certain foods which turned out to be the exact foods my dad ate. I mean if its not cooked in olive oil they wouldn't even think about it! Oh and my driving! whenever I'm in the car with my dad he is always saying that I am not a defensive driver. So tell me why when Daniel let me drive his car he said the EXACT same thing. And then theres those times when I feel sick. Both he and my dad will tell you to use the bathroom! Who does that?! One day Daniel told me his favorite restraunt and I just shook my head because that is my dad's favorite place too. I immediately called my brother and we cracked up about it. Again, I could go on and on on how much they say and do the same things. But its how they are alike on the inside that surprises me.

First of all, their love for God is rare. Living a lifestyle of holiness is important to them. And family is of utmost importance. They love their children unconditionally and they are good at it. They know how to discipline and show love at the same time. Oh and how encouraging they are! When I quit my job I thought the both of them would flip, but you know what? They didn't! They both encouraged me to pursue my dreams of being a business owner. They had full faith in me and still do.  And that means a lot to me. The character and integrity that exude from them is way before their time. It's truly character and integrity that is not of this generation. Its as if God himself reached down into their souls and placed it there himself.

 And when Daniel wraps his arms around me I feel love so strong it reminds me of when my daddy hugs me and all the love that I feel. And safety. Like I don't have to worry about thing.
 Everytime I'm around him it makes me want to call my daddy and tell him I love him! I guess that may sound weird, but  its the same as when I'm with my daddy. When my daddy hugs me I feel the love of God so strong I always just want to go spend time with Him and tell Him how much I love Him. True story. But as weird as that may sound I think its the way its supposed to be. That unconditional love that pours out from Father God should be flowing through all of our fathers to us. And our s/o's too!

So from the little bit I've told you you can see how it cracks me up on how much Daniel and my dad are alike. But as much as they are alike, only one thing truly brings them together: their love for me.

Love them both so much!



3 comments:

  1. That is breathtaking! How sweet God is to bring us such love from person to person.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Cedes! You made me think about how love knows no bounds. You have been blessed with an amazing father and an amazing man and that is God's love for you.This makes me think of all the things I have been praying for in a future husband and I have been blessed to be around strong marriages,see strong relationships that are Christ Centered and makes me wait in anticipation. My heart overflows of joy for you both<3
    -Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! I felt like I wrote this one :)

    ReplyDelete