The Proposal

Like Cinderella and the glass slipper or Snow White and the magical kiss, every girl comes to that one moment in her life that changes her forever. We daydream and imagine; we hope and pray. We ask ourselves if a love like that will ever come our way. I had no idea that yesterday would be the day. Those four words I've dreamed of hearing my entire life found their way to me on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

I want to share with all of you the story of how Daniel proposed to me. It is very dear to my heart and I'll cherish it forever! So sit back for the next few minutes and enjoy!

Let me start from the beginning. Saturday evening I told Daniel that I was going to Indianapolis to go to my Dad's church (as I've been doing for the past few weeks). He looked bummed and said, "Baby can you not go this weekend. I've got something super fun planned for us and the girls. And I really want you to be here with us." Well who could say no to that gorgeous face of his?! Not me! So I decided to stay- not knowing what I was getting myself into.

Sunday afternoon came and I got a FB notification on my phone; "Daniel Eckert has posted on your timeline". I clicked the notification to check out what he had written on my wall.  It was a clue! A clue to what I wondered? It said that my next clue was in something that rhymed with the word "locks" and had four wheels....I thought so hard. Literally I stood like a statue for five minutes thinking of every word that could possibly rhyme with the word "locks"! Rocks, socks, box....the list went on and on. Now anyone who knows me knows that I'm not the the brightest crayon in the the crayon box so I just had to text Daniel and let him know I was confused. He replied with, "car glove box". "Oh!" I texted back and then laughed at myself. I went to my car and opened the glove box to find CLUE #1. It was an envelope stuffed with a letter that Daniel had written. It was so sweet my eyes filled with tears...I knew at that moment he was up to something!

CLUE #1 led me to Thorton's gas station in Jeffersonville where I was sent inside to ask the cashier for my next clue. The three employees behind the counter looked at each other and started smiling. A woman handed me CLUE #2 along with my favorite candy bar; Cookies n Cream...go figure:) Again the letter inside put me to tears and sent me on my way to the Homemade Pie and Ice Cream Kitchen.

I went inside and the young girl behind the counter knew exactly who I was..she smiled and as I approached her. "Do you have CLUE #3 sweetie?" She smiled and handed me yet another clue. Then she served me up a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream in a waffle cone with sprinkles. Yes! I was so happy! Nothing in this world taste as good! CLUE #3 led me to a cute park in New Albany.

When arrived there were two of the most adorable little girls waiting for me with a bouquet of flowers and CLUE # 4! This clue contained step by step directions to my final destination. But before I could head there Daniel had made it clear that I had to watch a video he made for me! Aww how sweet I thought. He really made me a video and posted it on YouTube for the world to see?!  LOVE! I watched the video and seriously I know I had to have been blushing! I just wanted to kiss his face off- he was soo sweet! So I started my car and headed to my final destination.....at first I wasn't sure where he was taking me, but then I realized...it was the place we had our very first date.....!!

I climbed the few flights of stairs on that free standing structure until I reached the top....and there to meet me were those two little adorable girls and the most handsome man I've ever met both inside and out....he hugged me and asked if I had enjoyed my adventure. I smiled and said yes.

Now at this point I expected him to get down on one knee but no..he took me over to the edge and wrapped his arms around me as we looked out over the Ohio River. He let go for but a second and then asked me turn around. I did and there he was on one knee...this was it! He pulled the ring box from his pocket and begin to open it up, but suddenly fell forward a bit and freaked out saying that he dropped the ring! All I could say is "Omg Daniel are you serious? Omg!" My eyes roamed all around to find it when he stopped me and produced the ring from his shirt pocket...I smiled. Good one right! He looked me in my eyes and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes! Then he slid the ring on my finger and now I can't stop looking at it!!!


Love you all! See yall at the wedding!! :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment