5 Reasons Why I Won't Give Up My Hustle

There are many misconceptions about "hustlers"; being one myself, I get to hear these misconceptions all the time. People think that hustlers are ghetto low lifes who are out to make a quick buck any way they can. Like the guy selling bootlegged dvd's out of his trunk who will not take no for answer, people think that all hustlers are this way. And that simply is not the truth. Many hustlers are actually normal people who work full time jobs. They have a hustle to help fund various ventures. The housewife who makes and sells jams to finance her child's education-she's a hustler. The young man giving drum lessons to fund his new album? Yep- he's a hustler too! Matter of fact, just about all entrepreneurs started out as hustlers. The definition of a hustler? An aggressively enterprising person; a go-getter. Having a hustle is more or less a short term side job in addition to your long term career goals.

Me? Well, my long term career goal is writing. And yes I have several hustles while I make my way towards my dream job. And despite my naysayers I will continue on with them. Why? I'm glad you asked!

1. The fun! I have a blast dabbling in all kinds of different things. It's not all about the money folks. I find giving people makeovers and meeting new people fun. I also find it very fun to travel to new places.

2. I learn so many new things. I've learned so much about time management, traveling and other things that I would have never learned about had I not been introduced to my hustles.

3. The perks! I have gotten so many free things: clothes, food, make up. I've also been able to try new things-all for free or at a discounted rate.

4. I get to help people find their hustle too. I know so many people scrounging for gas money or just wanting a little spending money. I get to help them get this by introducing them to new ideas or easy ways to make extra money.  Helping people is the best.

5. The money. Yes I said it. On top of my traditional job, I am able to have several streams of income that I put towards savings for our retirement, our girls' college fund, vacation, shopping sprees and so on. And the best part is having that little bit of extra money to take a friend out or help someone in need.

So you think you may be interested in a hustle? Don't get all spooked, a hustle is pretty much like a glorified hobby. Why not make money doing what you enjoy? If you are feeling brave check out the few ways I bring in extra income for me and my family.

Mystery shopping- One of the best kept secrets of today! I started mystery shopping one year ago- best decision ever. I average $300 a month and only shop 2-3 times per month.

Inbox Dollars- Get paid to open emails! It's really that simple- my sister got me started and now I am hooked.

Ebates- Get cash back on all your online purchases as well as bonuses for your referrals. I seen their commercial on tv and immediately signed up. Since then I have earned some cash back, but made serious cash on the referrals. I mean, who doesn't shop online?! This is a great one to use around Christmas or other gift-giving holidays.

Happy Hustlin!

1 comment: