Sex

Sex. Yes, sex sells. It does just more than sell clothes and perfume/cologne. It sells your soul. Oh I know! It's so enticing and the fact that we were created with this desire engrained in our very being doesn't help one bit. We can see and read all about it...everywhere. You can't pick up a popular magazine without an article on "how to be good in bed" or "learn how to please your partner". It's everywhere! Turn on the tv and numerous story lines involve  the  very popular "he slept with her and now she's sleeping with him" scenario. Usually for the guy its all about the sex and for the woman its all about getting the man to love her. I mean I seriously have to examine myself sometimes...for women, we've basically all been inoculated with the idea that if we don't give a man what he wants, we won't get what we want.

Before we were even old enough to understand the concept of love we were watching Disney movies where the princess always finds her prince! We are so ruled by our emotions and quest to find our "Prince Charming" that it is has become the epicenter of our life's rotation. So when we meet Bob and think he's the one we give him all we've got thinking he will in turn give us himself for forever. But then he leaves us and we meet Mike and give him our all- oh but wait he leaves too so then we just say "forget men!" Then we either meet another man who we think is totally different from Bob and Mike and go through the same process. Or some of us just say "forget men, i'll try women!" I've heard these things time and time again. I'm not aplogizing for being blunt. This is truth.

How many times, women, have we said "he's the one" and willingly given our all only to find that we had yet again given away a piece of our soul.

I know i'm sort of jumping around a bit but try and follow me here. I'm talking to women. Can you see how we are molded to believe that finding love is everything and that sex is just a tool used in the process? When we are little girls the cartoons and such we see show us the romantic story of girl meets boy. Then as we get older we see that its all about pleasing a guy. As some point you have to ask yourself if this is really how love and sex works.

If I'm not mistaken my Bible tells me otherwise. First off, there is no "damsel in distress" scenario that requires a prince to save you. Jesus saved you on calvary. The saving part is done. So for you to be a damsel in distress means you must need to get back to the Cross. Secondly, the Bible says that a man who finds a wife finds a good thing. Hello! He said a WIFE! Not a damsel in distress! That means that you are married to Christ and walking in your Proverbs 31 calling. That's when Prince Charming will come. God doesn't call your husband to you to save you, but to add to you! Duh! And when your husband does find you He makes a commitment to you and to God. Only after that commitment does sex come into play. Sex wasn't intended to be a freakin love detector. It was intended to be a soul connector. Sex is more than just the physical, its an emotional and spiritual thing as well. It unites two separate human beings into one spiritual force to be reckoned with. And then that unit reproduces and carries out God's command to be fruitful and multiply the Sons of God in the earth.

When we decide to give ourselves away in that special physical way, we are giving away a piece of ourselves that is impossible (without God) to redeem. Ya see, a soul connection was never meant to be broken. God is a promise keeper and sticks to His covenant. So He created sex to be a covenant between man and wife. It was a covenant that was never intended to be broken. So when you go and sleep with Larry and get your heart broken and feel that a piece of you is missing and you can't get it back..you're right! God is the only one who can break what we Christians like to call a soul tie. And it's sad because God has to untangle you from the very thing He intended you to be bonded with!

Look I'm preaching to myself here..for real. I'm not judging because I don't have that right. He who has never committed a sin go ahead and cast the first stone. I'm merely thinking aloud.

Sex with your spouse is supposed to be a beautiful thing. A unification. A proclamation. And yes, its forgiven if you've messed up and given it up to someone other than your hubby. If you have a soul tie God can break that too. He's so merciful.

Be the wife before you become his wife. What I mean is, walk in your Proverbs 31 calling. Don't wait for some guy to put a ring on it to start walking in this calling. Review this chapter because you don't have to be married to be a Proverbs 31 woman! I'm in practice now! I don't need my boyfriend to freakin make my finger glow for me to start walking in my calling. I walk in it already. And any man in his right mind will recognize a Proverbs 31 woman and if he's smart and knows whats good for him he'll marry her:)  Remember that a man who finds a WIFE finds a good thing and obtaineth favor from the Lord. You must already be walking in your calling!

I don't know how I went from sex to being a wife but this is just how it all came out on paper. The point of this post is that sex is good. Sex is for marriage. Sex shouldn't be given without an oath. Sex is consummation. It's putting the golden seal on the covenant- like Jesus did when he shed His blood AFTER he made His declaration of love. There is an order to this whole love thing people! Learn it!

Oh and another thing I've got to get off my chest: love is a covenant, a commitment..not freakin butterflies! If God intended for people to marry each other based on them feeling all lovey dovey inside then the divorce rate wouldn't be so high! If I remember correctly there was never a mention of Adam and Eve being head over hills so crazy about each other blah blah blah....a man's wife is of him- from his rib....so when he does find her he will know. Like a missing puzzle piece the wife will fit perfectly and reflect the same picture. I'm not trying to blast anyone but I really am beginning to understand that feeling lovey dovey says NOTHING. Real love is committing your all to someone even when you can't stand them:)

Like I said, this whole LOVE/SEX thing, there's an order to it! Learn it! Oh and get MARRIED!


That's all for now...well not really but anymore and I'd be hiring an editor to look over this novel!

Love you all! - Be the WIFE!





1 comment:

  1. "And any man in his right mind will recognize a Proverbs 31 woman and if he's smart and knows whats good for him he'll marry her:) Remember that a man who finds a WIFE finds a good thing and obtaineth favor from the Lord. You must already be walking in your calling!"
    I swear during the Family and Marriage Sermons your Father had, this was one of the many things he hit on. You just got all Pastor on me and I was like "wow!" The Holy Spirit brought remembrance and APPARENTLY He thought I needed it:) Love you and keep it up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete