YOLO

You only live once. How many times have you scrolled down your Facebook News feed to see that phrase? Many I suppose. Although it has been used by some people when they are attempting to do something should I say, "retarded", it does contain a truth to dare. Consider the moments when you are faced with something new. Many times fear grips us because of the unknown. Like a child riding a bike without training wheels for the first time, it i the same way with you and I. We are so afraid to let go of what we believe keeps us from falling or failing. We have created crutches from our stepping stones. Stepping stones are used to reach a destination, not to use as your pillow.

I truly believe that I am writing to more than just one person. I know that many of you have already made out your New Year's resolutions, but maybe you should reconsider. Earlier this year, I left my full time job to pursue my own dreams. I left without any notice to anyone including myself! I had no definite fall back plan. I was ready to spread my wings and fly. I knew that if I continued letting my job dictate my life that it would ultimately be ruined. I would have missed so many opportunities. You see, my job was a stepping stone for me. I learned a lot about managing- both what to do and what not to do. I took on responsibilities and handled them well. But every season comes to an end. It was time to place my foot on the next stepping stone God put before me.

Looking back, I am happy with my decision because I can see all that I would have missed if I had not left my job.

Now, there have been things in your life that you've wanted to do. Dreams and visions that you've wanted to follow, but didn't have the time, money, or the know how. You've always wanted to open your own restaurant, start a clothing line, record an album, etc. Well what's stopping you? Nine times out of ten whatever is that is stopping you is fear. Fear of failure. In the words of PRP, "What would you accomplish if you knew you couldn't fail?" This statement is awesome and I believe that God has not set anyone up for failure. He clearly stated in the Bible that with Him ALL things are possible.

Still not sure? That's okay, think about this. Every thing you do now determines what you do later. Look at the story of the three men who were given talents. Twoofhe men doubled their talents while the one man hid his. Although the word 'talents' in the bible does not represent what we call talents here in America, lets look at it as if it does. God has given each of us talents right? What are you doing with them? Are you putting your talents out their or hiding them? I think that story needs no explaining. The man who hid his talent thought that it was best to do so because he feared that he would lose his talent if he put it out there! Hmm....does this sound familiar? How many times have I heard people tell me the reason they don't chase after their dreams is because they are scared they won't succeed. They are scared that if they put themselves out their it will ultimately ruin what little they do have.

The fact of the matter is that you will never achieve what you don't apprehend. Put one foot in front of the other and spread your arms out to keep balance. It may feel like your walking a tight rope, but it has been done! Find someone in your life who will encourage you and be there to help when you need it!

My challenge to you is that in the year 2013, you put yourself out there! It will require work from you, but God will multiply your work. His will, your hands! Don't let the fear of failure rule you out or keep you from doing what's in you heart to do.

Use wisdom, but have faith. Don't analyze. Just do it. After all, YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE.

Yolo!!!

You Can Do It :)

No comments:

Post a Comment